WordGrid is multiplayer Internet word game. It's a code sample demonstrating F#, C#, ASP.NET MVC 4 hosted in Windows Azure.
WordGrid is a code sample that demonstrates the use of C#, F# and ASP.NET to create an Internet game that runs in Windows Azure.
The game allows players anywhere on the Internet to connect, log in, and play word games with each other. The word game itself is somewhat like other popular cross-word games, but with a different board layout and tileset.
The project demonstrates many features of F#, C#, ASP.NET, and development for Windows Azure.
Examples of features demonstrated in this sample:
- F# language constructs, such as option types, pattern matching, asynchronous programming
- F# type providers and query expressions (data access in F#)
- ASP.NET MVC 4 controllers, models, and views
- Interoperating between F# and C#
- Windows Azure storage services queues
- Windows Azure SQL Database
Full documentation on setting up the sample code and database in this project (locally and in Windows Azure) can be found here:
Documentation on the coding techniques used in this sample can be found here:
For questions and issues, contact Gordon Hogenson: ghogen at microsoft.com